One Buck Horror is a new market. This e-book zine sells for 99 cents at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords.
This is a professional market: they pay $0.05/word for fiction and flash fiction. They accept flash fiction up to 1,000 words and fiction up to 3,000 words. The 3,000-word limit is firm; longer pieces should be submitted to other markets.
From their website: One Buck Horror is looking for the best in horror fiction from established and up-and-coming writers. We pay professional rates for short stories of 3000 words or less. Selected stories will appear in eBook releases to be sold through Amazon.com, Google Books, and other online outlets.
Before You Submit
We strongly suggest that, before you submit to us, you check out a copy of One Buck Horror to get a better idea of what we’re all about. Copies can be purchased through Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and you can download free apps from each of these outlets so you can read them on any device, including phones and PCs.
What we’re looking for:
* Classic horror that doesn’t feel stale or dated.
* Short, sharp shocks that stay with you long after you’ve stopped reading, and leave you wanting more.
* We’re open to nearly all settings and themes, from historical to modern, from supernatural to the real world. What’s most important is the quality of the story.
What we’re NOT looking for:
* No supernatural romance or other pseudo-horror. Vampires and werewolves are okay, but they must be monsters, not suitable dating material.
* No “torture porn”. Gore and adult themes are fine, but they should serve the story, and not the other way around.
* No stories based on characters that are not your own. No fan fiction or fiction based on existing copyrighted characters or worlds (unless, of course, you’re the one who owns that copyright.)
* No chapters or excerpts of longer works (unless the excerpt works as a stand-alone story.)
* No non-fiction or poetry, we are only accepting short story fiction submissions and cover art submissions at this time.
Check out their Submissions Guidelines for more information.